Are you claiming your Marriage Allowance?
Marriage Allowance lets you transfer £1,100 of your Personal Allowance to your husband, wife or civil partner. This can reduce their tax by up to £220 every tax year (6 April to 5 April the next year). To benefit as a couple, you need to earn less than your partner and have an income of £11,000 or less. If you were eligible for Marriage Allowance in the 2015 to 2016 tax year, you can backdate your claim to 6 April 2015.
Who can apply…
You can get Marriage Allowance if all the following apply:
- you’re married or in a civil partnership
- you don’t earn anything or your income is under £11,000
- your partner’s income is between £11,001 and £43,000
You can still apply for Marriage Allowance if you or your partner:
- are currently receiving a pension
- live abroad – as long as you get a Personal Allowance.
To get started please click on the link: https://www.gov.uk/marriage-allowance or click Start now
If you have any questions, please give us a call on 01934 527888.
Leave a Reply
You must belogged in to post a comment.